Ideas for Valentine's Day
Love is in the air, and there are so many ways to celebrate - from a romantic meal for two or a weekend getaway, to goat yoga and celebrating with your tribe - sending you a little inspo to help set the mood and show the love!
WAYS TO CELEBRATE
- Galentine’s Gathering Ideas - You gotta celebrate your girls. The ones who always have your back, who celebrate and cry fiercely with you, build you up, speak hard truths, and love you through it all. Don’t take them for granted - take them to brunch!
- Be a tourist in your own town - explore a new trendy restaurant, book a chocolate or wine tour, or explore a local museum or botanical garden. A few of my faves include:
- Restaurants: Henry’s Majestic, Paradiso, Local, Eight 11 Place, Encina
- sites and Tours: Dallas Arboretum, DallasbyChocolate, Dallas Museum of Art, Kimbell Art Museum, Nasher Sculpture Center
- Breakfast in bed or brunch at your favorite spot - If going out, some of my favorite brunch spots include Snooze, Ida Claire, Edith’s French Bistro, or Breadwinners. For breakfast or brunch at home, check out my post for decorating and recipe ideas. (THINK Heart shaped biscuits, scones, pancakes and waffles - buttermilk, chocolate chip and red velvet - with a bar of toppings including whip cream, jams, fresh fruits, and flavored syrups. Not to mention the piles of eggs and bacon. Other great options include a breakfast taco, parfait or toast bar (french toast, avocado toast, etc.) with juice bars to match!)
- Book a weekend trip book an airbnb and get away! we love escaping to Fredericksburg . New Orleans, beach trips to Florida, or glamping in Beaver Bend.
- Treat yourself to a spa day
- Go on an Adventure - try out a hot air balloon ride (Rohr Sons did an amazing job), the llama castle (yes, it’s a real thing), Dinner in the dark, Goat yoga, or sky-diving together
- Create a Scrapbook of your relationship - whether you make it from hand using a beautifully bound book or online, putting it together will bring back so many fun shared memories. We have a travel scrapbook, one for how we celebrate each anniversary, and this year, we’re adding an adventure scrapbook from one of my favorite gift shopping spots, Uncommon Goods (NOTE: This gift has options for family, couples, and adults only!).
- Try a cooking class - there are several great places offering in person and virtual courses, including Sur La Table, The Cookery, and CozyMeals.
- Cook dinner at home or order in - Turn up the heat and order IN or make an intimate dinner by candlelight. On the menu:
- Dinner from a favorite restaurant or keep it simple with Heart-shaped pizzas - you can order these from Papa John’s or make your own at home (we recently had a make your own pizza night, which included a delicious chicken pesto pizza that was chef’s kiss…..and a taco pizza that needs a little work!)
- Fresh Spring Salad tossed with strawberries, candied pecans, and apples (I like to toss spinach with apple and strawberry slices cut in the shape of hearts with a fresh poppy strawberry vinaigrette. (To make your own vinaigrette, blend 1 cup chopped strawberries, 1/3 cup champagne vinegar, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds.)
- And for Dessert a sampling of:
- Cream puffs
- Sugar Cookie’s (homemade or order personalized ones)
- Macaron ice cream sandwiches (Raspberry macarons with Blue Bell’s Bride’s Cake is absolutely amazing)
- Chocolate dipped strawberries
- Cupcakes (HomeMade or from sprinkles)
- Strawberry Shortcakes
I hope these ideas inspire some fun ways for you to spoil the special people in your life this Valentine’s Day (and on ordinary Tuesdays - after all, everyday is a chance to show our love). So breathe in the love, and share it with those around you.
How will you celebrate your loved ones?