Holiday in the Hamptons
Spice up your 4th of July with a coastal, beachy themed party complete with lobster rolls, crab legs, and Hampton themed decor!
I love the coast - the sunsets, the sand, the beautiful landscapes and color. And the food. Maybe it's because i've lived most of my life near the sea, or perhaps it's the beauty of sand meeting sky, but it soothes my soul. So this year, we dicided on a coastal 4th! There were traditional elements - grilling, fireworks, and red, white, and blue - interwoven with touches of the sea.
If you are thinking of hosting a beachy 4th, or any coastal party soon, here are few ideas to help inspire you!
While red, white, and blue may make an appearance, emphasize blue and white for a nautical, Hampton-esque tone. Blue and white stripes look stunning. Incorporate natural elements with wood trays, blue hydrangeas, and sea-grass wrapped glassware like pitchers, glasses, and hurricane vases. Add touches of sea-themed silver tableware, like a silver crab platter or lobster or anchor napkin rings.
You knew I'd get to food! For a casual, laid-back feel of dining al fresco on the shore, here are a few bits and nibbles to consider for your fete. Alongside your brats and hamburgers consider grilling up shrimp, crab, or lobster for some of these savory seafood dishes.
- Shrimp cocktails
- Crab cakes
- Shrimp and pineapple k-bobs
- Lobster rolls
- Crab legs
- Stuffed crab, scallops or clams
- Seafood pasta
- Seafood salad sandwiches
- Lobster mac & cheese
- Corn & potatoes
- Cobb salad topped with shrimp and/or crab
- Red, white, and blue beverages like soda creams or adult capri suns
- Seashell shaped truffles & chocolates
- Seashell, starfish, or sandal shaped cookies
- Sand castle trifle – served in glassware or mini sand buckets – use graham cracker or Nilla wafer crumbs for a ‘sandy’ top and layers between whipped cream, and sandy colored cake and pudding
However you celebrate, I hope you spend the day with loved ones and remember the selfless sacrifice of those who gave so much..
Wishing you fond memories and fireworks this season!