Va Va Valentines Day
There are so many things I appreciate about February - A month filled with pretty pinks and blooming bouquets, but especially a reminder to appreciate the ones we love. In my Love in Bloom post, I focused on several ways to celebrate your girls at a festive Galentines fete - Fun venues, appies, and favors to put a sparkle in their step. Today, I'm sharing some fun ways to celebrate your loves a little closer to hom.
HEART ATTACKING (YES IT’S A THING)
Loving this fun, socially distanced idea to shower your family and friends with love by delivering handmade valentines and goods to their door. This is a great activity to do with kids to give them a creative outlet and teach them about doing for others. Create a craft station in your kitchen with two areas - one piled high with craft paper, glitter, glue and markers for making hearts, signs, and cards and another with fancy sprinkles, icing, cupcakes and cookies to make some delicious sweets to share. Don’t have time to bake? Make a run to Sprinkles Cupcakes, Nothing Bundt Cake, Hurts Donuts or Target to pick up some sweets or spa treats for an easy favor box. Then, grab some tape and ribbon and hop in the car. Have a ball decorating your family and friends’ front doors with your handmade decorations and don’t forget to leave them your box of goodies on the front porch!
HEAT UP THE KITCHEN
if you know me, you know food is likely involved. Southern girl. Love=feeding people. To make the day feel special, whip up some love in the kitchen.
- Breakfast in bed - surprise your honey with their favortie breakfast foods in bed. To spoil them even more, serve it in style on a tray with candles, pretty plates, and gold flatware. (I love the mix and match look of combining classic red transferware with a more modern pink stoneware.)
- Brunch/Brinner - ever since he was young, my husband’s family has celebrated Valentine’s by having breakfast for dinner complete with heart-shaped biscuits, french toast, and pancakes. Our day would just not be complete without continuing the tradition. And don’t forget the toppings - berries, syrup, peanutbutter, chocolate chips & m&ms, nutella, powdered sugar and anything else your hearts desire!
- Note: Love the Dash mini heart waffle iron for heart waffles, this cookie cutter for heart french toast, and this mold for pancakes. And for a fun twist on cinnamon rolls, iroll them from each side, half way, to meet in the middle (so they look like a palmier) you can shape them into hearts.
- Love inspired desserts - dress up the day with a few special treats to make your family smile. Macarons, red velvet brownies, crinkle cookies, cream puffs, strawberry shortcake, and donuts all make great options. For a fun twist, check out how to make smash hearts and hot chocolate bombs! Note: love this mold for the chocolate bombs and Fancy Sprinkles and Sprinkle Pop for a little sparkle. Plus, dress up your table with pretty little details like marble and gold cakestands , metallic flatware, and sparkling napkins & straws. Amazon and World Marker offer great options!)
HAVE A LITTLE FUN
While date nights look a little different, accept the challenge to get creative and make the night memorable with some simple, at-home celebration ideas:
- Scavenger hunt - leave fun clues (and candied hearts as breadcrumbs) for your love around the house to lead to fun gifts and surprises. Check out Etsy for fun scavenger clues for couples or for virtual groups,
- Love letters & notes - throughout the month (or beyond) leave love notes for your partner. You can leave them on the bathroom mirror, tucked in a closed laptop or in a glass jar. Check out Gratitude Glass Jars for beautiful vases to collect your love (They also have beautiful jars for baby showers, Thanksgiving, and more).
- Movie night - pop popcorn, make a fort or drop a sheet in front of the garage for a drive-in effect, and watch a romatic movie
- Picnic - Throw together a hamper and dine al fresco. French bread, cheeses, and prociutto makes a great option, or order from your love’s favorite spot and pick up. Toss some candles and a Bose portable speaker in for some added ambiance.
I hope these ideas inspire some fun ways for you to spoil the special people in your life this Valentine’s Day (and on ordinary Tuesdays - after all, everyday is a chance to show our love). How are you celebrating the love?