Get the taste of summer at sea with this delightful dinner recipe.
What summer is complete without a trip to the beach? Whether you're dreaming of a trip to Florida, Cali, Maine, Aruba, or further abroad, this recipe for lobster rolls is a great addition to a picnic on any beach. And if a trip isn't in the plans this summer, bring the coast to you with a beautiful seaside backyard grilling party.
Lobster rolls are native to New England and are reminiscent of chicken salad, And just like chicken salad, you can tweak the recipe to include touches of your favorite tastes like scallions, chives, sriracha, avocado, bacon, mustard, dill, parsley, or capers. YOU CAN ALSO VARY THE RECIPE BY ADDING IN CRAB, SHRIMP, OR CLAM MEAT TO CREATE A SEAFOOD SALAD. HOWEVER YOU MIX IT, The recipe makes for a light, casual meal and pairs well with grilled corn and potatoes, crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, or stuffed clams and scallops.
This post contains affiliate links
- 1 large bowl,
- Measuring cups
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster meat, cooked, cubed
Note: You’ll need ~ 1 pound of cooked lobster meat for every 3-4 servings
- 1/4 cup mayo (or butter)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4-5 split top brioche hot dog buns, buttered and grilled (any bun will work)
Note: You can also serve these rolls with a leaf of lettuce on the bun, or in a lettuce cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, mayo, lemon juice, zest, celery, scallions, and seasonings.
- Butter the split top buns and grill on a griddle or grill for ~2 minutes each side,
- Fill brioche buns with the lobster salad and serve.
If serving at a party or picnic, for a touch of fun, wrap each roll in newspaper deli paper and tie with hemp or colored twine!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and your next trip to the beach!